Alright, y’all. This will be the final master bathroom update that I write. After this, the next post I write about this bathroom will be the final, finished bathroom with the whole before and after tour.
I’m not promising when that will be, but I’m hoping it will be before Thanksgiving, which is next Thursday. I’d love to come back after Thanksgiving and get right to the home gym and see if I can finish that before the end of the year. That’s the goal, but I won’t be too hard on myself if I have a few small unfinished things in that room that need to carry over into next year.
But for now, here’s the final punch list for the bathroom. I still need to:
- Clean the water closet. (It’s finished, but everything is covered in dust right now.)
- Prime and paint that one piece of trim that I keep overlooking.
- Do some paint touchups on the rest of the trim and wainscoting on this side of the room.
- Take the plastic off of the door panes and add the privacy film.
- Add a door pull on the edge of the door.
- Cover the light and switch covers and get them installed.
- Caulk and paint the unfinished wainscoting panel under the vanity.
- Finish painting the plumbing under the vanity.
- Finish installing the pulls on the storage cabinet.
- Paint the mirror frame and hang the mirror.
- Caulk and paint the trim/backsplash.
- Install and grout the tile backsplash/accent.
- Install the missing wainscoting panel under the vanity.
- Install the faucet and plumbing.
- Paint the plumbing parts under the vanity.
- Sand, caulk, prime, and paint the last section of wainscoting.
- Hem the shower curtain.
- Caulk one area in the shower that I overlooked.
That’s the final, exhaustive list. If I counted correctly, that’s 18 things left on the list. Thankfully, some of those are quick and easy, and I can get them crossed off the list today. Others aren’t quite so quick and easy, so we’ll see if I can get all of that done before Thanksgiving!
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the house by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and have each new post delivered to your email inbox. That way you’ll never miss a thing!